View Larger Map
If you are travelling from Polegate Station, turn south. (The signal box is on the south side of the railway crossing). Go down Polegate High Street as far as the crossroads where there are several sets of traffic lights and there is a large pub, the Horse and Groom on the corner at the right. Cross over the road and turn right, and then take the first turning left into the Homes. If you are walking this takes five to ten minutes.
If you are driving from Eastbourne, up the Eastbourne Road which is the A2270, as you get into Polegate, you will see a flint and red tiled Roman Catholic church on the right just before the traffic lights and the Horse and Groom on the opposite corner to the right. Continue through the traffic lights and take the first turning on the left.
If you are approaching from Lewes on the A27, take the righ-hand lane signposted to the A2270, Polegate and Willingdon. The Homes are the first turning on the right after the junction.
Buses passing near the Homes include:
- 54 Eastbourne to Uckfield (some to East Grinstead)
- 56 Eastbourne circular via Stone Cross and Westham
- 98 Hastings to Eastbourne via Pebsham, Bexhill, Sidley and Hailsham
- 126 Seaford to Eastbourne via Alfriston, Wilmington, Wannock, Willingdon and Eastbourne General Hospital
- 197 Heathfield to Arndale via Horam, Hellingly and Hailsham.
There are frequent train to Lewes and Brighton, London, Eastbourne and Hastings.